Ski Holidays France
World wide ski accommodation and services.
Chalet Himalaya, Val d’Isere
Chalet Himalaya is an idyllic haven located in ski heaven. A building immersed with history but married tastefully to the most luxurious modern comforts imaginable. Himalaya is a former monastery dating from the 17th century. Situated on the piste, it is a landmark building in the hameau of La Daille in Val d'Isére.
Inside Chalet Himalaya
Double antique doors welcome guests into an ambience of warmth and tranquility.
The sumptuous fur-filled living area centers on the original stone fireplace, the only source of heat in 1682 when the Monastery was built.
Now underfloor heating under the hand-shaped elm floorboards add discreet comfort heating to the living room where you can relax with champagne, traditional mulled wine or any number of cocktails from the classic to the exotic.
A hidden Home Cinema system with a giant drop-down HD screen with SKY HD access transforms the living room into your own private movie-theatre or sports arena.
Sliding doors with engraved snowflakes on marble open into a chandeliered dining room with hand-carved dining table and chairs, upholstered with luxury designer shearling fur.
The dining room extends behind curtains into the James-Bond style red-marble pool, which can be kept secret under solid gray marble slabs or enjoyed as a delicate colourful water feature with the pool exposed and the curtains open. The view is enhanced by the private courtyard with its pretty stone arches which light up at sundown.
Spa therapy Room
Rich Italian metal-and-marble dust-infused paint cover the walls to create a magical cave for your pampering treatment by candlelight.
Sauna and Steam Rooms
The chalet is equipped with a Sauna made of Russian fir, in addition to the steam-rooms in all the bedrooms.
Swim-in / Swim-out
Partly indoor and partly outdoor, the Pool is a ‘James Bond’ feature, the hidden red marble pool with sophisticated underwater lighting is revealed by a secret moving floor device. Pool depth can be adjusted to suit guest’s requirements (ideal for children) Water temperature is maintained at 33 degrees centigrade.
The pool includes a wave machine for exercise minded guests and a Jacuzzi facility in the outdoor section of the pool for relaxation.
The Pool is available for use at any time but the outdoor section is open until midnight only each day. The outdoor section is within a private walled courtyard in Chalet Himalaya with romantically lit arches which were converted from what was the monk’s underground cheese dome of the original monastery. Enjoy an unforgettable experience of ‘swimming under the stars’.
The custom-designed glass and marble deep-red cigar room resembles a jewelbox humidor and comes complete with humidifier, extractor, and soft leather sofas offering privacy for guests to savour a smoke with the finest brandies and whiskies.
A dedicated ski room provides a boot cupboard with individual boot heaters; and all the ‘little things’ that make a day’s ski perfect – suntan lotion, munchies, ski-map, bottled water, lip balm. Staff on hand to help get those boots off!
- Luxury accommodation
- Dedicated service from the chalet staff, including 24 hours access to resident staff on overnight call duty
- Daily Hot and Cold Breakfast (optional Room Service ‘Breakfast in Bed’)
- Daily afternoon high tea with home-made savouries and patisseries
- Champagne and canapés followed by 4-course dinner with carefully selected house wines for 5 evenings
- Open Bar for House selection of Spirits and House Cocktail Menu. Also all hot beverages and range of soft drinks
- In resort chauffeured vehicle (8am-1am of following day)
- Daily Housekeeping and TurnDown Service
- Access to 24 Hour Menu (at extra charge)
- Concierge services (incl. personal shopping, restaurant reservations)
- Sauna and Hammam on demand at any time
- Heated Indoor/Outdoor Pool at any time (Outdoor Pool all day from 9 am and up to midnight only)
Also Available (at extra charge)
- Resort transfers by taxi, limousine or helicopter
- Private ski instructors (for all levels and disciplines including highly qualified mountain guides) and Ski Equipment rental (in-chalet fitting optional) & Lift passes
- A la carte Wine and Champagne (on request, we can purchase in advance to guest preferences at extra charge)
- Special arrangements including entertainment or décor for family anniversary and corporate events
- In-chalet childcare by licensed nanny service
- Outside Hours and Outside Resort transportation
- Spa treatments from In-house Spa Programme
- In-chalet Pilates (Mat version)
- In-Chalet Professional Hairstyling, and BlowDry
- Selection of Fine Cigars (smoking in Cigar Room only)
- Dedicated Interpreter **
- Specialist Chef ** for Unique Cuisine (Japanese, Chinese, Molecular …)
- ** Request must be made in advance, at time of booking
Luxury & Versatility
Discreet, luxurious, exclusive and appreciated by the most discerning of clients since 2008.
We offer luxury with versatility.
The magnificent Chalet Himalaya is converted from a 17th Century French Monastery. Chalet Himalaya accommodates up to 8 people.
This historic building in Val d’Isere underwent a 3 year multi million pound renovation which was completed in 2007. Since then it has continued to be lovingly maintained and improved on a year to year basis. Many original features still remain, including the impressive 1.5 meter thick stone walls and fireplace.
Guests will have every need and desire catered to by our dedicated staff from chef to chauffeur, host and beauty therapist.
The chalet has its own concealed pool which appears at the touch of a button with dual functionality of indoor/ outdoor swimming and Jacuzzi jets. With only ensuite bedrooms all equipped with individual hammams, sumptuous living and dining rooms, saunas, spa therapy rooms, cigar rooms, ski rooms, private wine cellars, home cinemas, and private car parking, our chalets are the ultimate luxury winter retreats.
The location in the exclusive hamlet of Les Etroits is perfect for skiers of all levels and sheltered away from the bars and buses of the main street.
The Himalaya is the only ski-in/ski-out chalet onto a green slope in Val d’Isere and therefore accessible even for beginners.
Two minutes by car with your personal chauffeur will take you into the village centre where there is wealth of specialist/designer stores and boutiques.
‘The best restaurant in the Alps’ metamorphosed to become the Alps’ one and only Gourmet Chalet.
From its initiation by the celebrated Maitre Cuisiner de France Guy Gateau who previously worked with world leaders and international stars as Executive Chef at the French Embassy and Executive Chef at the Kennedy Center in Washington. Chalet Himalaya has always boasted and continues to offer the gastronomic skills of Michelin-starred chefs and their prize-winning counterparts from the Orient.
Fully serviced by dedicated professional staff, the Chalet Himalaya is unique for providing exceptional culinary experiences for the most discerning clientele.
Our award-winning international chefs design cuisine which cater for any dietary requirements whether for health, religious or personal preferences. Using best ingredients, your dedicated chalet chef will create menus to delight.
Excellent contacts with specialist restaurants and suppliers worldwide allow us to source delicacies ranging from fresh oysters and lobster to truffles, foie gras and prime cuts of Angus beef as well interesting herbs, spices and sauces to surprise and satisfy.
The finest selection of house wines, White Burgundy and Red Bordeaux, are included. We also take great pride in our extensive specialist and vintage wines which line our wine cellars. These are available on request at an additional cost.
At a glance
- Sleeps : 14
- Rating * :
- Distance to piste : Ski in ski out property
- Board basis : Catered
- Ensuite : Yes
- Group reduction : No
- In house child care : No
Prices based on 2 people sharing a twin/double room.
|Dates||# Of Nights||Flights Included?||Price||Enquire|
|No Price Detail Found!|
Daniel C (Owner)Member since February 2020